An Induction into Lipspeaking in Court
7th July 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Course Tutor: Gloria Ogborn, RSLI & Registered Expert Witness
A two-day specialist legal CPD training course for Lipspeakers.
Whether you have some or no court experience at all, this comprehensive and thought provoking two-day programme is aimed at giving you the toolkit of knowledge and behaviours to engender confident and professional working practices in the courtroom. The trainer will take you through a broad and informative range of topics including:
* a chronological overview of the legal system
* questions that need to be asked before accepting the booking
* the processes within a criminal court case
* making the right impression
* oaths and affirmations
* understanding lipspeakers’ roles and boundaries
* knowing when and how to, and when not to, interrupt or clarify
* looking at legal vocabulary/jargon
This course will cover a broad range of theoretical, practical, logistical, linguistic, protocol and dilemma issues in a clear chronological order.