iBSL Level 2 Award* in DeafBlind Communication
14th May 2020| £515
Following a very successful CPD opportunity in January 2019, ALAS are pleased to offer an iBSL Level 2 Award* in Deafblind Communication.
Course dates will be as follows:
14th May 2020
4th, 11th, 12th June 2020
Exam to be held in July 2020.
This opportunity is open to all ALAS members who already hold a Level 1 Award in Deafblind Communication.
At the end of the qualification, learners will be able to:
• Acquire sufficient communication skills with Deafblind people, including those in the workplace or at school/college, at an intermediate level.
• Understand and give advice & information to Deafblind people about everyday work and/or social matters using appropriate communication at an intermediate level.
• Present information and ideas to a Deafblind person, including selecting and organising the information and ideas in an effective manner.
• Responding to spoken or signed language when with Deafblind person, including listening to and responding appropriately to any questions and feedback for the benefit of a Deafblind person.
• Expressing ideas using client-preferred modes of Deafblind Communication.
- Entrants MUST have the Level 1 Award in Deafblind Awareness qualification (iBSL or Signature) before embarking on the Level 2 Award in Deafblind Communication.
- Entrants should hold Level 2 Certificate in BSL (Signature or iBSL) or equivalent. Those students who do not hold this qualification will be internally assessed by the centre to determine whether they are at the required language standard to undertake the course and its requirements. Sign for Thoughts’s decision on this is final.
To secure your place, please make a deposit of £50 to ALAS. Account details are as follows:
Association of Lipspeakers with Additional Sign
Sort Code: 20-11-43
Account Number: 63389839
Ref: DBL2 (your name)